Wednesday 13 July 2011

Recovery

Well, I must say, I have been very impressed with my keyhole surgery experience. A few days on and the referred pain has left my shoulders, and the incisions themselves are healing nicely. Three of them probably don't need the dressings I have on them (I expect I'll take them off tomorrow), and the one on my belly button, which seems to be the biggest, isn't far behind.

One of these days when I can be bothered, I'll have to look the procedure up and work out which hole they removed my gall bladder from, because honestly, none of them look big enough to me.

The biggest problem at the moment is not being able to pick up O or M. They are both capable of climbing up onto my lap, though it's a bit sore if they fidget too much, but I cannot lift them, and won't be able to for at least another week, particularly O, who is getting heavy now! Of course, since W is around, I'm not quite as in the lurch as someone who didn't have a carer around would be, but it's still a real nuisance, because obviously you base your lifestyle on your limitations.

Still, it's a small price to pay, and now that the soreness is subsiding, it's remarkable how much better I feel. I don't think I'd really appreciated how often I was getting pain from gall stones. And I'm still a little.. er, galled, if you'll pardon me, that I managed to get two of them by the time I was twenty four. Still, at least it's got it out of the way while I am young enough to recover quickly, eh?

The slight taint on it all is that it's M's first birthday tomorrow, and of course, we will now be celebrating that at home, rather than going out somewhere. But since it was only family who we were going to see anyway, it's hardly a major inconvenience. Oh, and our trip to the zoo has been postponed. Well. I don't think she's really going to notice. O certainly didn't have the foggiest what was going on when it was his first birthday, anyway.

Oh, and no seizures today, either. Hooray! Now to find some wood to touch superstitiously!

No comments:

Post a Comment